A fabulous homemade cranberry sauce that you'll fall in love with! You'll never want to buy the canned stuff again!
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time50 mins
- 2 (12 ounce) packages fresh cranberries rinsed and drained
- 2 apples pared, cored and diced
- 2 pears pared, cored and diced
- 2 cups raisins I used currants since that's all I had
- 1 and ¾ cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ cup Grand Marnier
In a large saucepan set over medium heat, combine all of the ingredients together except the Grand Marnier. Allow the mixture to come to a boil.
Turn the heat down to medium low and continue cooking until the cranberries burst and the sauce gets thick. Turn the stove off and stir in the Grand Marnier.
Allow the sauce to cool slightly before transferring to glass or cool-proof containers. Store in the refrigerator, covered tightly, for at least 4 hours before serving.
Leftover cranberry sauce should be stored tightly covered in the refrigerator and will last at least a week
Source: My sister-in-law M, who got it from her friend KD; original source unknown