Green tea (matcha) white chocolate chip blondies
Soft and chewy blondies made from matcha (green tea)!
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time25 mins
Total Time40 mins
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 sweet matcha powder I had unsweetened matcha powder and used 1/4 cup of it plus 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- 6 ounces white chocolate I used white chocolate chips
- 6 Tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds toasted (I omitted)
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
Preheat oven at 350. Grease and flour an 8x8 baking pan. (I used a silicone square pan and lightly buttered it.)
In a large microwave safe bowl, combine the butter and white chocolate and heat at thirty second intervals until melted and smooth. Set aside to cool.
Stir in eggs and matcha powder, sugar (if using) until combined, then add flour, vanilla, and almond extract just until incorporated. Lastly stir in almonds (I did not use) and white chocolate chips.
Pour into prepared pan and spread into even layer. Bake about 20 - 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
Cool in pan on a wire rack. Cut and enjoy.