Healthy fudge brownies
These fudge brownies are actually vegan (if you use vegan chocolate chips). Can non-vegans tell the difference?
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time18 mins
Total Time33 mins
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup all-purpose or whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 Tablespoons soft tofu
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 3 Tablespoons vegetable or coconut oil I used canola oil
- 2 Tablespoons milk of choice I used soy milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Chocolate chips optional - I used dark chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
In a medium sized bowl, combine the dry ingredients (cocoa powder through salt), and mix well.
In a blender, combine wet ingredients (sugar through vanilla) and blend until smooth.
Add the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients and mix well.
Pour the mixture into a 4×6 oiled pan (or double the recipe and use an 8×8). Bake in the preheated oven for 12-18 minutes.
Let the brownies cool for at least an hour before digging in.