Pumpkin and peach muffins
Who says pumpkin muffins have to be boring? Add in some peach and mix things up a bit!
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time25 mins
Total Time40 mins
- 2 and 1/2 cups all-purpose or whole wheat flour I used white whole wheat flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 Tablespoon pumpkin pie spice*
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 cup canned pumpkin not pumpkin pie filling
- 1/8 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups peeled and chopped peaches I used canned peaches
- 1/8 to 1/4 cup milk of choice optional (I used about 1/4 cup of soy milk)
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
Generously grease a standard muffin tin and set aside. (I used a silicone muffin pan and did not grease it)
In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
In a separate large bowl, mix together the eggs, pumpkin and vegetable oil.
Slowly fold the flour mixture into the bowl with the egg mixture. Add in the chopped peaches and combine gently. If the batter seems too dry (like mine did), add up to 1/4 cup of milk of choice (I added about 1/4 cup of soy milk).
Evenly distribute the batter to your muffin tins. Fill each well about 2/3 full. Bake in your preheated oven for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
* If you do not have pumpkin pie spice, you can make your own by combining 1/2 teaspoon of ground nutmeg, 1 teaspoon of ground ginger and 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
Muffins can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days (or can be frozen for several weeks).
Source: Slightly adapted from Delectable Delights