Soft batch double chocolate fudge cookies
Soft, decadent double chocolate fudge cookies are what dreams are made of!
Prep Time25 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time45 mins
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup + 3 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder I used Hershey's Dark
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tablespoons light brown sugar packed
- 2 large eggs
- 2 Tablespoons milk of choice
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips and/or chunks I used 1/2 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips and 1/2 cup of dark chocolate chunks
Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F.
Line two baking sheets with silicone mats or parchment paper and set aside.
In a small microwave safe bowl, heat the chocolate chips and butter in the microwave. Heat in 15-20 second bursts until both the butter and chocolate chips have melted. Mix until smooth. Do not overheat this or else the chocolate will seize. Set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
In a medium sized bowl, mix together the sugars, egg, milk and vanilla. Transfer this to the large bowl with the dry ingredients and mix until everything just comes together.
Add in the butter/chocolate mixture and the chocolate chips. Mix until everything is just combined.
Using a medium-sized cookie scoop (or two spoons or a measuring cup), drop about 1/4 cup of batter onto your prepared baking pans. Be sure to space out each mound of cookie dough at least 2 inches apart.
Transfer to your preheated oven and immediately turn the temperature down to 300 degrees F. Bake for 18-20 minutes.
Allow the cookies to cool completely before serving.
Cookies should be stored in an airtight container at room temperature and will keep for over a week. They can also be frozen and thawed.
Source: Barely adapted from Baker by Nature