Pumpkin spice cookie butter banana bread
A dense yet soft banana bread packed with pumpkin spices and Trader Joe's pumpkin spice cookie butter.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time1 hr
Total Time1 hr 15 mins
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 overripe medium sized bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup pumpkin spice cookie butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Generously grease a standard 9"x5" loaf pan and set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together the flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt and pumpkin pie spice. Set aside.
In a medium sized bowl, beat together the egg and sugars until well blended. Add the mashed bananas, applesauce, cookie butter and vanilla extract.
Transfer the banana mixture into the large bowl with the dry ingredients and gently fold until just incorporated. Do not over mix.
Pour the batter into your prepared loaf pan and bake in your preheated oven for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Leftover bread (ha!) should be stored in an airtight container at room temperature and will keep for several days.
Source: Adapted from two peas & their pod