Greek yogurt whole wheat banana bread
This healthier banana bread is made with white whole wheat, coconut flour, applesauce and Greek yogurt.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time1 hr 5 mins
Total Time1 hr 20 mins
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour can substitute with all-purpose
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup coconut flour can substitute with additional all-purpose or white whole wheat flour
- 2-3 mashed ripe bananas about 1 cup
- 1/2 cup vanilla or plain whole milk Greek yogurt
- 1 large egg
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5 Tablespoons coconut oil melted
- 2 heaping tablespoons honey
- 2 Tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar lightly packed
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Generously grease a standard 9"x5" loaf pan and set aside.
In a small bowl, add the flour. Remove one Tablespoon of the flour and put it back in the container. Then add the baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cornstarch and coconut flour.
In a large bowl, mix together the bananas, yogurt, egg, vanilla, coconut oil, honey, brown sugar and applesauce.
Transfer the dry ingredients into the large bowl and fold until no dry streaks remain. Do not overmix the batter.
Transfer the batter into your prepared loaf pan and bake in your preheated oven for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow the bread to cool before serving.
Leftover bread should be stored in an airtight container at room temperature or in the refrigerator. It can also be frozen and thawed.
Source: Slightly adapted from Chelsea's Messy Apron