One bowl Greek yogurt pumpkin chocolate chip bread
A pumpkin chocolate chip bread that features whole wheat flour and Greek yogurt and but no butter or oil! This bread will be loved by both adults and kids alike!
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time45 mins
Total Time1 hr
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 6 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 and 1/4 cups white whole wheat flour can substitute with all-purpose or do a mixture of both
- 1 cup chocolate chips
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Generously grease or line a standard 9"x5" loaf pan and set aside.
In a large bowl, beat the eggs with a spatula. Add in the pumpkin, Greek yogurt, brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda and salt. Mix well.
Slowly fold in the flour and mix until a few dry streaks remain. Fold in the chocolate chips and mix until they are fully incorporated. Do not over mix.
Transfer the batter into your prepared pan and bake in your preheated oven for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Allow the bread to cool before serving.
It should be stored in an airtight container at room temperature or in the refrigerator and will keep for several days. It can also be frozen and thawed.
Source: Barely adapted from Running with Spoons