Two giant oatmeal raisin chocolate chip cookies
Sometimes you may not want to share your desserts... When that happens, make this one-bowl oatmeal raisin chocolate chip cookie.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time17 mins
Total Time27 mins
- 2 Tablespoons (30 grams) unsalted butter, melted
- 3 Tablespoons (35 grams) brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 Tablespoons (25 grams) all-purpose flour
- Heaping 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- 2 pinches salt
- 1/2 cup (40 grams) old-fashioned rolled oats
- 3 Tablespoons (30 grams) chocolate chips
- 2 Tablespoons (20 grams) raisins
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat and set aside.
In a medium sized bowl, mix together the butter, sugar, egg yolk, vanilla, flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Fold in the oats, chocolate chips and raisins until well combined.
Divide the dough in half and roll each half into a circular mound.
Place the dough balls on your prepared baking sheets and bake in your preheated oven for 15-17 minutes or until the top turns golden. Remove from the oven and allow to cool. The cookies will continue to set as they cool.
Cool before serving.
Since there are only two cookies, I don't anticipate that you'll need instructions for leftovers. If you do, send them to me and I will take care of it for you. :)
smitten kitchen Every Day by Deb Perelman