Who says that pumpkin season is only for the fall? Fill your kitchen with these wonderful autumn aromas with this whole wheat pumpkin Nutella quick bread. It’s also made without butter or oil!
Spring break was around the corner, and my family and I were getting ready for our big trip. I wanted to make sure we had something to eat for breakfasts throughout the week without yielding any leftovers. I didn’t want to have to clean out my kitchen before we left so we needed something that would get eaten very quickly.
The thing I baked was this whole wheat pumpkin Nutella quick bread. I was able to rescue a can of pumpkin from my pantry and fill up my kitchen with the amazing aromas of cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.
My family and I could not wait to eat this once it came out of the oven. In fact, we treated this as a dessert and each enjoyed a slice after our dinner. And of course, this served as our breakfast the next morning.
And I was right – this bread did not yield any leftovers and was enjoyed very quickly. I’m sure it will do the same for your family too.
Whole wheat pumpkin Nutella quick bread
- 1 and 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour can substitute with all-purpose
- 1/4 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup milk of choice
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Generously grease or line a standard 9"x5" loaf pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugars, baking soda, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon and cloves.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together the eggs, pumpkin, milk and applesauce. Pour this into the large bowl with the dry ingredients.
- Gently fold everything together until no dry streaks remain. Do not over mix.
- Pour half of the mixture into your prepared baking pan.
- Melt the Nutella in the microwave for about 15-20 seconds.
- Pour half of the Nutella on top of the batter and gently swirl it in with a knife or spatula.
- Pour the other half of the batter on top and top with the remaining half of the melted Nutella. Swirl it in with a knife or spatula.
- Bake in your preheated oven for 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean (don't worry if melted Nutella comes out - we're mostly worrying about the batter).
- Allow the bread to cool slightly before slicing and serving.