This white chocolate candy cane and peppermint fudge makes a perfect holiday gift. Or save it for yourself!
I hope those of you who celebrate Christmas had a wonderful day! I’m betting that you probably have some leftover candy canes, right? Well, this fudge is a perfect way to use them up. Oh, and since we’re all pretty exhausted from the holidays, this is a one-bowl fudge that you can make in the microwave. It doesn’t get any easier than that!
All you need to do is crush up your candy canes and throw everything else together in a bowl. Microwave it until the chocolate chips melt, mix in some crushed candy canes and you’re pretty much good to go.
This white chocolate candy cane and peppermint fudge is a fun recipe to involve the kids since they can help crush the candy canes. All that energy is definitely good for something!
White chocolate candy cane and peppermint fudge
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 packages white chocolate chip morsels
- 4 candy canes crushed and divided
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Generously grease a standard 8"x8" baking pan or line it with parchment paper or aluminum foil (if lining with foil, make sure to grease the foil). I used a silicone baking pan and did not grease it.
- Reserve about 1/2 teaspoon of crushed candy canes and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the sweetened condensed milk and white chocolate. Microwave on high for about 60 seconds. Remove from microwave, stir and microwave for another 30-60 seconds or until the white chocolate has completely melted.
- Add the peppermint extract and stir until it is fully incorporated. Then add the crushed candy canes and mix it into the fudge.
- Transfer the fudge to the prepared baking dish and smooth out the top with a spatula or wooden spoon. Sprinkle the reserved crushed candy canes on top of the fudge. Allow the fudge to cool for about 3 hours or until harden. Alternatively, you can place the fudge in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- Cut the fudge into squares and serve.