These ultimate pumpkin chocolate chip muffins contain no oil or butter and stay soft and moist from a full can of pumpkin puree, applesauce and Greek yogurt. Spice it up with your favorite baking chips!
If you are searching for the perfect pumpkin muffins, look no further. These are it. They are super fluffy, use a full can of pumpkin (hooray for no leftover puree!) and will stay soft and amazing for days.
What’s not to love about these muffins? There is no butter, oil or crazy ingredients you can’t pronounce. You can even make these with 100% white whole wheat flour if you wanted to make them slightly healthier. The applesauce, pumpkin puree and Greek yogurt make these soft and pillowy and best of all, they won’t dry out overnight.
You can increase the spices if you’re sassy and want a little more ooh-la-la to your muffins. I added chocolate chips to mine (hello, chocoholic here) but you can leave them out or use cinnamon chips or even white chocolate chips for some flair.
I’m so glad that these muffins turned out perfectly and were both husband and kid-approved. This will be my new go-to pumpkin muffins from now on. And yes, they are that good!
Ultimate pumpkin chocolate chip muffins
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup white whole wheat flour can substitute with all-purpose
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 can pumpkin puree
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 5.3 ounce container (about 3/4 cup) nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Generously grease two standard muffin pans and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flours, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together the pumpkin puree, eggs, applesauce and Greek yogurt until well blended.
- Transfer the pumpkin puree mixture into the large bowl with the dry ingredients and mix until a few dry streaks remain. Fold in the chocolate chips and mix until everything just comes together. Do not over mix.
- Evenly distribute the batter into your prepared muffin pans, filling each well almost all the way to the top.
- Bake in your preheated oven for 20-24 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Allow muffins to cool slightly before serving.