Looking for another brownie recipe to add to your repertoire? These ultimate fudgy frosted brownies are it – chewy, fudgy, and topped with a generous amount of frosting! There’s almost a full pound of chocolate in them!
We have some of the best neighbors. The family that lives across the street are amazing. Their two boys adore Addie, and one of them is a regular babysitter. The boys’ mom told me that they always wanted a sister, so I guess they have adopted Addie as their sister in a way.
The neighbors invited us over for dinner one evening, and I knew I had to bring something that everyone would enjoy. I remember seeing these brownies on Ashley’s blog and thought that they would be perfect to share.
I was astonished to see that the brownies used almost an entire pound of chocolate in them. Not that I had an issue with that, of course, because I love chocolate. The boys across the street did too, as I saw each child eat one after dinner. They even had a choice of dessert – brownies, ice cream, cake and pie. They all chose the brownie. Smart kids.
I loved how chocolate-y these brownies turned out. The brownies alone were decadent and fudgy enough on their own, but once I slathered a generous layer of chocolate frosting on top, it took the brownies up a level. Don’t skimp on the chocolate in this – by using a good quality chocolate, your brownies will also turn out irresistible.
Ultimate fudgy frosted brownies
- 1 cup + 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 8 ounces dark chocolate chopped
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate chopped
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 and 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 5 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 Tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 Tablespoons honey
- 1 stick (8 Tablespoons) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 and 1/3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoon heavy cream
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Generously line and grease a standard 9"x13" baking pan and set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the flour, salt and cocoa powder. Set aside.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt the chopped chocolate and butter in 30 second increments. Stir until the mixture is uniform and glossy. Add in the sugars and mix well. Then add in the eggs, one at a time, until each one is fully incorporated before adding the next. Then add the vanilla and honey and mix until just combined. Do not overmix this. Gently fold in the dry ingredients.
- Transfer the batter to your prepared baking pan and bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center yields a few moist crumbs.
- Allow the brownies to cool. Prepare the frosting in the meantime.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or in a large bowl if using a handheld mixer, cream the butter on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Turn the mixer to low and add in the salt and cocoa powder. Then add in the powdered sugar. Add the vanilla and cream and beat on medium speed for 2-3 minutes. If the frosting looks too thick, add more cream; if it looks too runny, add more powdered sugar.
- Frost the brownies by spreading on a layer of frosting on top of the cooled brownies.