Of all the brownie recipes I’ve made on Eva Bakes, this is probably the fudgiest ones. They are super rich, decadent, and oh so fudgy. You will LOVE these!
You guys. I have over 50 brownie recipes on this little blog. FIFTY. That’s insane. And while I have some favorite brownie recipes (see here, here, here and here), I honestly think that these are the FUDGIEST one that I’ve made to date. That is saying a lot. Plus, the three of us all rated these brownies a 5 out of 5!
These brownies have half a pound of chocolate in them. The secret to their gooey-ness is the fact that you melt half the chocolate and use it in the batter, and then you use the other half of the chocolate and fold it in like chocolate chips. That way the brownie is chocolatey and then contains MELTED chocolate as well. Genius, right? I wish I had thought of that.
Anyway, I made these on a whim one morning because my body was screaming for chocolate. While they were good when they were warm, the brownies fell apart a bit (I got to lick my fingers, so all was good there). After I put them in the refrigerator, they firmed up a bit and got super fudge-like. Seriously guys, these are the most ultimate fudge brownies I’ve baked.
Addie demolished her brownie in record time. I think I did as well, and my husband thoroughly enjoyed his. I gifted some brownies to my skating friend K and she was in love (with the brownies, that is). If you’re looking for a new brownie recipe, this is it. You’ll be making these for years to come.
Husband’s rating: 5 out of 5
Addie’s rating: 5 out of 5
My rating: 5 out of 5
Ultimate fudge brownies
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chopped and divided
- 12 Tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1 and ¼ cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Generously grease or a line a standard 8"x8" baking pan and set aside.
- Melt half of the chopped chocolate and set aside. Reserve the other half of the chopped chocolate for later.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or in a large bowl if using a handheld mixer, mix the melted butter with the sugar on medium speed until smooth and fluffy, about 1-2 minutes. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix for another 1-2 minutes. The mixture should be a pale yellow color.
- Add in the melted chocolate and mix well. Then slowly fold in the flour, cocoa powder and salt until everything just comes together and a few dry streaks remain. Fold in the remaining chopped chocolate and mix until no dry streaks remain. Do not over mix.
- Transfer the batter to your prepared baking pan and bake in your preheated oven for 20-25 minutes. Do not over bake the brownies. The sides should be set and the center can look slightly underdone.
- Cool completely before slicing and serving. For an even fudgier texture, chill the brownie sin the refrigerator so they solidify more - the centers will be very fudge-like.
I made them this morning, they are pretty amazing!! Very fudgy and addicting, I will have to hide them from myself!!
Oh yay! I’m so happy you liked them, Michele! I miss seeing your smiling face!