Happy last day of 2017! Do you have any fun plans for tonight? For the 4th year in a row, we are celebrating with some friends. We met this couple through Addie’s preschool – their son was in the same class when they were about 2 years old. Even though the kids do not attend the same elementary school, we still try to see them several times a year. The kids will be watching movies and eating pizza with a babysitter while the adults go out for an early dinner.
As I do every year, here are the top posts that I published for 2017. These are the recipes that you all read and enjoyed the most.
On with the countdown!
10. Lemon yogurt cake – No butter or oil in this wonderfully tart treat
9. Copycat Levain Bakery chocolate chip cookies – I still need to try the real deal…
8. One bowl toffee chocolate chip cookie pie – Need I say more?
7. Small batch blueberry cottage cheese muffins – A one-bowl wonder
6. Chocolate dulce de leche tart – A must-have dessert for chocolate and caramel fans
5. Dorie’s Maine bars – A wonderful bar made from sprouted wheat flour
4. Christina Tosi’s oatmeal cookies – A raisin-less wonder from baker extraordinaire, Christina Tosi
3. Sticky toffee pudding – Joanne Chang’s winning recipe that beat Bobby Flay
2. Coffee crumb cake – A fun, yeasted version of a classic coffee cake
1. Double chocolate skillet cookie – One of my favorite skillet recipes ever!
Looks like you all enjoyed several copycat recipes and desserts from famous chefs. I’ll keep that in mind for this next year.
Thanks again for reading my blog, and I’ll see you in 2018!