As 2023 comes to a close, it’s that time of year again to see what your favorite posts were this year. This list is voted on YOU, my dear readers, as they are the ones with the most viewership.
Here we go!
10. Momofuku Milk Bar chocolate birthday cake – I am a fan of Christina Tosi’s layered cakes, and this is definitely one of my favorites. It makes a smallish (6 inch) but tall cake and is beautiful to boot!
9. Acorn squash bread – if you still have acorn squash around from the fall, this is a GREAT way to feature it in a sweet baked good!
8. Peach zucchini bread – Peaches and zucchini are both yummy on their own. Put them together and you get an even yummier treat!
7. Chocolate chip cookies from Christina Tosi – Yay! Another Christina Tosi item made this year’s top 10! And who doesn’t like chocolate chip cookies?
6. Hawaiian mango bread – I am always on the hunt for fresh, juicy mango in order to make this bread again (spoiler: I am not very successful at finding good mangoes around here, sadly)
5. Italian ricotta cheesecake – My sister in law made this for Thanksgiving at her grandmother’s request. This recipe actually came from the grandma, who is Italian through and through!
4. 4 egg yolk brioche bread – I LOVE baking this bread when I have leftover egg yolks. It makes a great French toast and bread pudding.
3. Basque-style (crustless) cheesecake – My ballet teacher is now gluten-free (she has an allergy) so I’ve recommended this cheesecake to her. It’s so simple because there is no crust!
2. Sourdough discard focaccia – Whenever I have sourdough discard, I always want to make this focaccia. We turn these into open-faced sandwiches by adding on a layer of pesto, sun dried tomatoes and mozzarella.
1. Small batch blueberry cottage cheese muffins (one bowl) – Muffins are ALWAYS in my refrigerator. This is a great one-bowl recipe if you have leftover ricotta, which we always do (from making lasagna)
Thank you all again for visiting my little blog. Hearing from you and reading your comments always brightens up my day! To more tasty food in 2024!