I’m still in disbelief that this year is almost over. It feels like yesterday when I was competing at Adult Nationals (that was in April) and working remotely from Hawaii (in July). But here we are – just a few short days away from 2023.
As I have done in previous years, here are the top 10 posts on Eva Bakes. These are the posts that you, my dear friends, have viewed the most in 2022.
10. Mascarpone cream filled croissant – this is still one of my favorite pastries ever. If anybody knows how to recreate the croissant base, please share that with me!
9. Acorn squash bread – an awesome way to showcase acorn squash!
8. Snickerdoodle cheesecake bars – a mashup of two awesome desserts
7. Guava cake – this definitely reminds me of our heavenly month in Hawaii
6. Momofuku Milk Bar chocolate birthday cake – don’t let the long list of ingredients and instructions intimidate you. It’s actually simple to put together but just takes some time and patience.
5. Chinese bakery-style cake– one of my mom’s favorites (RIP, Mommy)
4. Italian ricotta cheesecake – from my sister-in-law’s Italian grandmother
3. Sourdough discard focaccia – a super yummy way to use up sourdough discard
2. 4 egg yolk brioche bread – a wonderful bread to make French toast with
1. Hawaiian mango bread – more memories of Hawaii, where we had the SWEETEST and most amazing fresh mangoes
Looking forward to trying new recipes in 2023!