I wasn’t originally going to do a Top 10 roundup on the blog, but I figured that it would be a fun way to see what recipes you, my awesome readers, deemed the most popular in 2012. Ready? Let’s get started!
10. Baked buttermilk donuts with lemon glaze – This was my first attempt at making a baked donut with my new donut pan, and I am pleased to say that it was a success!
9. Chocolate chip cookie dough pudding – Cookie dough in pudding form? Heck yeah!
8. Brown derby cake – A sweet way to celebrate our little girl’s 2nd birthday – and a trip down memory lane.
7. Pumpkin cheesecake cookies – This version of a popular grocery store shelf brand doesn’t contain anything you can’t pronounce.
6. Chocolate chocolate chunk muffins – As usual, Dorie Greenspan comes through. These chocolate chocolate chunk muffins will get your day off to a great start!
5. Honey butter croissants from Hop’s – All it took was an email to Hop’s corporate headquarters, and this recipe was born!
4. Brown butter sugar cookies – I can’t believe how long it took me to finally make browned butter. These cookies were out of this world!
3. Vanilla bean cupcakes with vanilla buttercream – If you’re looking for a perfectly vanilla cupcake, look no further. This is it!
2. Sweet potato cupcakes with brown butter cream cheese frosting – As a former sweet potato hater, I took a bite of this cupcake and turned into a believer.
1. Vanilla buttermilk cupcakes – And finally – these beautiful buttermilk cupcakes! I discovered this recipe after I had some leftover ingredients laying around.
I can’t wait to see what 2013 brings. Happy New Year to everyone!