Super thick and chewy triple chocolate cookies are irresistible for any chocolate lover! One bite, and you’ll be in love!
Stop what you’re doing. This is a recipe that you need to make RIGHT NOW. And yes, screaming was absolutely necessary. This is a triple chocolate cookie that will change your life. Maybe I’m being overly dramatic there but hear me out.
Let’s see… we have cocoa powder, melted chocolate and chocolate chips. Is that enough chocolate for you? If not, you can always drizzle melted chocolate on top and make that your 4th dose of chocolate. Mmm – why didn’t I do that here?
Anyway, this recipe makes about 18 cookies so if you’re baking for a crowd, you’ll more than likely want to double this. I mean come on, what kind of normal person will only eat one of these? If you’re like me, you’ll want to quality control a few of these juuuuust to be sure that they’re good enough to share. *wink*
These are some of the best chocolate chip cookies I have ever eaten, so take that for what it’s worth. They’re a bit soft, a bit melty and also chewy all in one (gigantic) bite. What are you waiting for? Go make these now!
Thick and chewy triple chocolate cookies
- 1 cup 5 ounces all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (3/4 ounce) dark cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate finely chopped
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- 5 Tablespoons unsalted butter softened but still cool to the touch
- 3/4 cups light brown sugar packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Line two baking pans with silicone mats or parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Melt the chocolate over a double boiler or very carefully in the microwave (in bursts of 30 seconds). Stir until it is smooth and glossy. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs and vanilla together using a fork. Sprinkle the espresso powder on top and allow it to dissolve.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or in a large bowl if using a handheld mixer, cream the butter and sugars together on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Turn the mixer down to low and add in the egg mixture until well incorporated. Then slowly pour in the melted chocolate and mix until well combined. Add in the dry ingredients and mix until everything just comes together - do not over mix. Turn the mixer off and fold in the chocolate chips by hand.
- Cover and allow the dough to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes. Then preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Using a medium cookie scoop (or two spoons), evenly portion out the dough into golf-ball sized mounds, making sure to allow at least 1 and 1/2 inches apart on your cookie sheets. I placed 9 cookie dough mounts on each sheet.
- Bake for 5 minutes, then rotate the pans halfway and switch racks. Then bake for an additional 5 minutes. These cookies will not spread much so don't be alarmed if they still resemble mounds of dough.
- Allow the cookies to cool slightly before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.