A super easy, one-bowl fudge brownie that requires a few pantry ingredients and a spatula! Throw in your favorite add-ins for an even more delectable chocolate-y dessert! These might be easier than one of those store-bought box mixes!
I’ve known my friend K for almost 19 years. She and I started in the same department together and was my training buddy. We became fast friends since that training class, despite no longer working at the same company.
K and I only see each other about twice a year. Since we both have families of our own and have to manage hectic schedules, we make it a point to celebrate each others’ birthdays. In fact, K was the one that introduced me to taking my birthday off (she actually takes her birthday week off, which I believe is genius).
Food has almost always been at the center of our friendship. From the early days of sneaking out to grab an afternoon snack at the local Dairy Queen to attending a fun pasta-making class for her milestone birthday, we’ve always bonded over food.
One evening, K and I were meeting to celebrate her belated birthday. I didn’t want to show up empty handed so I baked these super easy fudge brownies. It didn’t require a stand mixer and everything was made in one bowl. I simplified the original instructions so they truly are one bowl and do not require a simmering pot of water to melt everything together. Because who has time for that when there are brownies to be eaten?
My brownies were still jiggly after 20 minutes so I kept them in the oven for about another 8 or so minutes. Just keep checking them to make sure the centers are set. Remember, they will keep “baking” as they cool so don’t over bake these or they will be hard as bricks.
K was very appreciative of these brownies and hopefully shared them with her family!
Super easy one bowl fudge brownies
- 10 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F. Generously grease or line a standard 8"x8" baking pan and set aside.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt the butter in the microwave (it took me about 45 seconds). Stir in the sugar and mix well. The sugar will appear grainy, and that's OK.
- Stir in the cocoa powder until well incorporated. Add the salt and vanilla and mix well.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, and mix until the first one is fully incorporated before adding the second. The batter should appear somewhat glossy at this point.
- Add in the flour and mix with about 50 strokes of your spatula. If desired, add in your favorite nuts or other baking chips.
- Bake in your preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few moist crumbs. The center should no longer be jiggly.
- Remove the pan from the oven and set on the counter to cool. The brownies will continue to set as they cool.
- Slice and serve.