Strawberry ice cream cone kiss cookies are a variation of peanut butter blossoms. They start with a sugar cookie base and are topped with strawberry kisses!
Addie and I were browsing at Target one day. She got invited to an outdoor birthday party, and we needed to buy her friend a gift. After we finished picking out her presents (a bracelet maker and a slime kit), we went down to the food aisles. I always like looking for new baking chips and chocolatey items.
One new product caught our eye – strawberry ice cream cone kisses. They were shaped like regular Hershey’s kisses, except strawberry ice cream flavored. Sounded promising. I bought a bag and set it in my pantry.
A few weeks passed, and we still hadn’t opened the bag of kisses. I made an effort to look for a recipe that could incorporate the strawberry kisses, and this is what popped up.
Everything sounded promising. The cookie was made from a sugar base, and it was assembled like those traditional peanut butter blossom cookies that my husband adores so much. Except, obviously, it would be topped with the strawberry flavored kisses.
The cookies came together very quickly – maybe 10-15 minutes of prep time, and then they baked in the oven for 10 minutes. While the cookies were baking, I quickly unwrapped the kisses so that I could quickly press one into each baked cookie after I removed them from the oven.
Both my husband and I proclaimed that these cookies were too sweet. The cookie base alone had plenty of sugar, but the strawberry kisses took these a bit over the top. Nevertheless, our dear Addie adored the cookies. She brought about a dozen of these to the birthday party, and all the girls went nuts over them.
Perhaps the strawberry kisses would be better paired with a less sweet cookie, like a dark chocolate one. But kids love them as they are, so there’s that.
Husband’s rating: 2.5 out of 5
Addie’s rating: 4 out of 5
My rating: 3 out of 5
Strawberry ice cream cone kiss cookies
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons milk of choice
- 18 Hershey's strawberry ice cream cone kisses unwrapped
- sprinkles optional
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Line two standard baking pans with parchment paper or silicone mats and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or in a large bowl if using a handheld mixer, cream the butter and sugar together on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Turn the mixer down to low and add in the egg and vanilla and mix well.
- Add the flour, baking soda, salt and milk until well blended.
- Using a cookie scoop or two spoons, scoop up some dough. Roll it in between your clean hands, and if desired, roll it in your sprinkles. Place it on your prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining dough, making sure to place the balls of dough at least 2 inches apart.
- Bake in your preheated oven for 5 minutes. Then rotate the pans, from top to bottom and front to back, and bake for another 5 minutes (the cookies will have baked for 10 total minutes).
- Remove the cookies from the oven and immediately press an unwrapped strawberry kiss into the center of each cookie. Allow them to cool before serving.