This spinach artichoke dip is my daughter’s favorite! She isn’t a fan of spinach but will gladly eat the entire bowl of this if she’s allowed!
My daughter isn’t a very picky eater. Her favorite foods, according to her own ranking system, include ribs, takoyaki (Japanese octopus), and mac and cheese. She’s not a big fan of spinach or salad but often asks for spinach artichoke dip. When she sees it on a restaurant menu, she always wants us to order it.
While we usually don’t order it when we go out, I am happy to recreate it at home. That way I can control the ingredients and pick the items we want to dip in it. We usually like crusty bread, crackers, or tortilla chips.
I made this as an appetizer for lunch one day and Addie almost completely ignored her entree. She kept going for cracker after cracker so she could eat more of the spinach artichoke dip. By the time all was said and done, the three of us probably ate about a quarter of the entire bowl.
This dip is perfect for a party and can serve lots of people. You can spice it up with red pepper flakes if you want to add a little bit of heat to it. I opted to keep it fairly simple so all of us could enjoy it (although I would have liked a little bit of heat).
Spinach artichoke dip
- 1 16 ounce package cream cheese, softened I use the 1/3 less fat kind
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 14 ounce can artichoke hearts drained and chopped
- 1 package frozen chopped spinach thawed and drained
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Generously grease a medium sized oven-safe baking dish.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cream cheese, mayonnaise, Parmesan, Romano, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Fold in the artichoke hearts and spinach.
- Sprinkle the top with the shredded mozzarella and bake in your preheated oven for about 25 minutes or until the top is nice and bubbly and the cheese is melted.
- Serve with chips, crackers or eat with a spoon.