If you love chocolate chip cookies, then you will love these soft batch chocolate chip cookies! They are insanely soft and are reminiscent of the packaged ones from the grocery store!
My poor baby girl was sick one school morning. She had written us a note that said, “My hurt hurts like I have a feaver (sic) and I have a weird cough.” I saw the note while I was eating breakfast, so she must have snuck downstairs in the middle of the night to leave it for us. When I went up to her room that morning, she looked pretty miserable. I’m pretty sure she did have a fever, and she definitely did not look well enough to attend school. So I kept her home with me.
After a small dosage of medicine and a short nap, she seemed to feel better. She even sat down to watch The Price is Right. I wanted to cheer her up even more so I decided to bake some cookies.
One of my favorite cookies from my childhood are soft batch chocolate chip cookies. You know the kind – it came in a red packaging. Man, I could eat about half a dozen before I started regretting it.
Well, here is the homemade version. Feel free to add all kinds of baking chips and other add-ins. I added a ton of extra chocolate chips on top of my cookies after they came out of the oven. I just like they way they look with the extra chips, and plus, CHOCOLATE. Right?
Soft batch chocolate chip cookies
- 14 Tablespoons unsalted butter softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mats.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or in a large bowl if using a handheld mixer, cream the butter and sugars together on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the eggs and vanilla until well incorporated.
- Add the baking soda and salt and mix well. Turn the mixer to low and slowly add in the flour.
- Add in the chocolate chips and mix well.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop out mounds of dough and place it on your prepared baking sheet. Make sure to leave at least 2-3 inches apart between each mount.
- Bake in your preheated oven for about 10-12 minutes or until the sides start to set. Do not over bake - these cookies will continue to firm up as they cool. If desired, press additional chocolate chips on top of the baked cookies.
- Allow cookies to cool before serving.