These soft and chewy chocolate confetti chip cookies are going to be your new favorites! They are insanely soft and loaded with chocolate and confetti baking chips!
Several years ago, we bakers did not have a lot of baking chips to purchase. The baking aisles used to contain your standard chocolate chips. If you were lucky, you could find white chocolate chips. Even luckier bakers could find mini chocolate chips or even butterscotch flavored chips. These days, we can find chocolate chunks, peppermint chips, peanut butter chips, and everything else under the sun. A few weeks ago, I found these confetti chips at a big box store.
Rather than use the recipe on the back of the bag, I threw these chips into a soft and chewy chocolate chip cookie recipe. My cookies baked up super soft and chewy, and the plethora of baking chips really made me happy.
After my cookies came out of the oven, I decorated the tops with more baking chips so the cookies looked prettier. As a result, these soft and chewy chocolate confetti chip cookies were not only nice to look at, but they were also full of fun flavors. Chocolate chip cookies on their own are awesome, but they are even more awesome when you add in confetti chips.
We ADORED how soft and chewy these chocolate confetti cookies turned out. Each bite was bursting with cocoa and two types of baking chips. We were all tempted to eat more than one but had to refrain. Regrettably, I gave away more than half of these cookies. And I definitely heard about it from the family! As a result, I had to bake a new batch!
Soft and chewy chocolate confetti chip cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 and 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 package confetti baking chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mats and set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or in a large bowl if using a handheld mixer, cream the butter and sugar together on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the eggs one at a time until fully incorporated. Add the vanilla and mix well. Turn the mixer to low and slowly add in the dry ingredients. Mix until everything comes together.
- Turn the mixer off and fold in the chocolate chips and confetti chips by hand. The batter will be thick.
- Using a medium sized cookie scoop or two spoons, scoop dough onto your prepared baking sheet, making sure to leave at least 1-2 inches in between each mound.
- Bake in your preheated oven for 9 minutes or until the sides have set. The top may appear underdone, and that's OK. The cookies will continue cooking and setting as they cool. Top with additional chips after you remove the cookies from the oven for a prettier presentation.