These s’mores cookies take less than 30 minutes from start to finish. Top with additional chocolate chips and marshmallows for s’more amazingness!
This month has been full of insanity. I’ve been traveling every week this month and can probably count on one hand the number of nights I’ve slept in my own bed.
My family and I had just gotten back from a trip to Atlanta for a business conference. I was leaving for the airport AGAIN the next day but wanted to bake something for my family. In addition, I wanted to thank my neighbor for taking care of my flowers and for checking the mail. Remembering that Addie wanted s’mores cookies, I finally baked them for her. She saw this recipe on the back of a bag of s’mores baking pieces.
The entire recipe took less than 30 minutes from start to finish. Of course, it needed some time to cool, but otherwise I had cookies in about 25 minutes.
I loved that the cookies were slightly gooey coming out of the oven; that meant that they would set up nice and soft. My neighbors enjoyed them after dinner and said that the dozen I brought them were almost gone.
I can’t wait to spend more time at home next month. Hopefully the work travel will diminish some so I can see my family more.
- 1 and ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup (1 and ½ sticks) unsalted butter softened
- ¾ cup brown sugar packed
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 7-ounce package Hershey's S'mores baking pieces
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mats and set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or in a large bowl if using a handheld mixer, cream together the butter and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the egg and vanilla and mix until well blended.
- Turn the mixer to low and slowly add in the dry ingredients. Mix until everything just comes together.
- Fold in the s'mores baking pieces, saving about ½ to ¾ cup of it for later.
- Using a cookie scoop or two spoons, scoop about a golf ball size of dough onto your prepared baking pan. Make sure to leave at least 2-3 inches between each cookie dough ball.
- Bake in your preheated oven for 8-10 minutes or until the edges are set. The center may appear underdone but that's OK. It will continue to set as it cools.
- After you've taken the cookies out of the oven, press more s'mores baking pieces to the tops for s'more goodness!