These super simple s’mores bars are ready in 25 minutes. Addie found this recipe from one of her book series!
My daughter is an avid reader. We have been going to the library every week since she was 2 years old. It’s been fun to watch her graduate from board books to book series.
One of the series she’s been enjoying is called The Secret Cookie Club. She exclaimed one day that that there was a recipe in the back that she wanted to try. This particular book had two recipes, one being s’mores bars.
After I read through the recipe, I saw that it was very easy. In fact, it was so easy that I doubted it for a hot second. Nevertheless, Addie and I baked these together while my husband went golfing one morning. She had a great time mixing the graham cracker crumbs with the butter and adding marshmallows on top.
Addie was very proud of these bars, and my husband and I were surprisingly impressed with them too. The simplicity is what makes these bars enjoyable. I recommend you keep these in the refrigerator so they stay firm; otherwise, they tend to crumble.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter melted
- 4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 12 ounces (2 cups) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Generously grease or line a standard 9"x13" baking pan and set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together the butter and the graham cracker crumbs. Press half of it into the bottom of your prepared pan.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips on top and then the marshmallows. Top with the remaining graham cracker crumb mixture and bake in your preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool before serving.