Goals for Adult Nationals
I can hardly believe that Adult Nationals is next week. We finally finished choreographing my brand-new freestyle program, and what better venue to premiere it than at Nationals? I honestly have no expectations for getting on the podium in Boston since: 1) I am very new to my skating level, and 2) there are 17 (!!) ladies skating in my event. But, I still have goals for Nationals. Here they are, in no particular order:
- Skate a clean program and end on time
- Land a clean axel jump combination (still haven’t decided on axel-toe or axel-loop)
- Hit all of my spins and earn positive GOEs and/or attain Level 2 spins on all or most of them
- Earn 20+ points for my IJS program (I scored 18.10 points at my first competition)
- Meet other adult skaters (some of you, perhaps?) and make new friends
- Get inspired by watching more elite skaters
- Meet Paul Wylie (my hero since middle school)
- Have fun!
Are you going to Adult Nationals in Boston? What are your goals while there? If you are going, please send me an email so we can meet up – I’d also love to cheer for you during your skate(s)! You can find my contact info on the envelope icon on the upper right-hand corner of this page.