2017 Skating Goals
Last week I recapped how I progressed on my 2016 skating goals. This week it’s time to declare my 2017 goals. Here they are:
- Continue to increase PCS (program component scores) in freestyle programs.
I still want to achieve at least 17 points in the PCS. I’ve been working with a different choreographer and am taking ballet classes to help with my presentation. I haven’t competed since these two coaching additions so I am curious to see how judges react to my skating. Stretch goal – approach 20 points in PCS.
- Increase technical scores. I’d like to aim to receive full credit (no underrotation) for my axel jump and land it cleanly in competition. I’d also like to receive either 0 or positive GOEs on all technical elements, including my spins.
- Approach 30 points in my freestyle program (will depend on above, since my overall points consists of PCS and Technical). Stretch goal – earn Top 6 placement at Adult Sectionals. Ultimate fantasy – earn Top 4 placement at Adult Sectionals and spot in the Championship Gold Ladies event at Adult Nationals.
- Land a correct double salchow. That means my legs are crossed, arms are pulled in and I have an “IJS clean” landing. No forward landings with a 3-turn exit, which is what I am doing now.
- Add another axel in my program. Assuming that I can continue to land these cleanly when running programs, I’d like to add a second one to increase my technical score.
- Continue working on double toe loop and/or double loop. Maybe even land a few cheated ones here and there. Stretch goal – land one (or both) of these cleanly!
So there you have it. Keep me honest and accountable here and feel free to check with me to see how these are progressing. I’d love to hear what your 2017 goals are, whether they are skating related or not.