Last week, I performed a skating exhibition after Learn to Skate. I didn’t do my best and was disappointed in my performance. But, I was happy that I put myself out there.
I’m not trying to make excuses about my skate, because I had full control over how I performed. But, here were the circumstances I was skating under:
- I had been teaching Learn to Skate for about 90 minutes prior so hadn’t moved around much
- I only had a 2 minute warm-up
- I couldn’t feel my feet because they were frozen (see first bullet point)
- I was still battling a nasty head cold from the week prior
- I had a long day at work with no rest
What gives me hope is that if I can pull off a performance like this with all these crazy external factors, then I can do much better when these forces are gone.
I can do it!! And so can you!