2019 Skating Goals
Happy New Year! It’s time to list out my 2019 skating goals. In no particular order…
- Continue to improve my skating skills and presentation. I want to focus on skating on deeper edges, and making every movement have a purpose. I want to fully extend my legs, stretch my arms and learn to “feel” the music so I get lost in it. I should tell a story on ice.
- Land a fully clean double salchow. I am landing on the 1/4 mark so am 90 degrees short of a fully clean jump. 2019 is the year!
- Add 1 or 2 new spins to my program. I am working on some fun new spins with my spin coach and would love for them to be consistent enough to include in my program.
- Begin to learn a few more double jumps. Double toe loop and double loop are the two I am eyeing…
- Continue my mental training. Be in the moment, don’t worry about future outcomes, learn to be “in the zone” and ignore any distractions. This is so hard to do, but I want to continue working on it so I can skate my best at all times.
If you have some goals for 2019, I’d love to hear them!