2022 Skating Goals Year End Review
It’s that time of year again to review my yearly skating goals and see how I fared. Let’s go!
- Continue working on skating skills. I am still working on my Novice Moves in the Field to get them test-ready by the end of the year. I did achieve my highest PCS this season, so my skating skills and presentation are making small improvements.
- Strengthen my spins. I successfully earned a Level 3 change foot combination spin and earned my highest points to date on a single element. I’m super proud on that and hope to keep building new spins into my repertoire so they can earn me more points.
- Fine-tune my mental game on my axels. For the past 8 seasons, my completion rate for landing axels during competition was hovering around 0% (sadly, this is not an exaggeration). This past season, however, that number went up to 60%! I think I attempted 10 axels in competition this season and got no credit for 4 of them. Hooray for progress!
- Land more double jumps. This didn’t really happen this year, sadly. I’m still trying to get that pesky double salchow back.
- Properly execute a death spiral (pairs skating). My pairs partner and I have gotten close a few times but don’t have this element down yet. I will need to keep this on the list for next year.