2020 Skating Goals
I’m back this week with a list of my 2020 skating goals. Let’s go!
- Continue to improve my skating skills and presentation. This goal is going to be #1 on my list every year. I want to continue skating on deep edges, with a strong posture and beautiful extension. And of course, I want to enjoy my program and allow the audience to feel my joy.
- Land a fully clean double toe loop. This year, I landed a clean double salchow. Double toe loop is next!
- Add 1 new spin to my program. I was happy to debut a new spin combo this year and hope to add another one for next season.
- Refine my jump technique. Towards the latter half of the year, my coach and I worked on adjusting my jump technique. While the strategy I used was fine for single jumps, it’s been a hindrance for doubles. If I can get all my jumps to use the same technique, then theoretically, the doubles should be easier. Theoretically.
- Continue my mental training. Much like goal #1, this will always be on the list. Mental training is a journey, and I am only in the beginning stages of learning it. I hope that my muscle for mental skills continues to strengthen and that I can lean on it during competitions and other stressful times.
And there you have them. What are your skating goals for 2020?