Mid-Year Goals Check-In
It’s hard to believe that it’s July already! That means it’s time to check in on my 2019 goals to see how I am progressing.
- Continue to improve my skating skills and presentation. This will always be something I am improving. I continue to take ballet lessons to help with my presentation and have made some strides. Some skating friends have noticed that my facial expressed have improved slightly. I will continue to work on this goal, as it will never be completed.
- Land a fully clean double salchow. I landed a fully clean one in April! I am working hard to make this consistent but am THRILLED beyond words that I accomplished this goal!
- Add 1 or 2 new spins to my program. I am still working on developing some new spins, and if all goes well, I will have 3 new spins in my program.
- Begin to learn a few more double jumps. I’ve officially moved on to “refinement” mode on the double salchow and have moved on to work on the double toe loop and double loop jumps. Hooray!
- Continue my mental training. I didn’t compete much this year so this will continue to be a journey. I will continue my mental journey and hope to keep progressing.
In summary, I met my technical goals and still have a lot of room for growth on the presentation and mental aspects of the sport. Totally not surprising! But still not too bad considering that we’re only 7 months into the year.
How are you progressing towards your goals – whether they are skating related or not?