This super simple, shortcut buttermilk pie is just about as easy as it gets. This cakey-custard-like dessert only requires 6 ingredients and a blender!
Do you ever have one of those days where you wish you had more time? I secretly want another day of the week so I can fully rest.
I recently had one of those days where it was just go, go, go and no time to think. I still wanted some dessert (duh) but didn’t have much free time to make it. Enter this super simple, shortcut buttermilk pie.
Essentially, you throw everything into a blender and bake it. No fussy pie crusts, no mixing, no creaming, no time-consuming steps. Just blend and bake. Simple enough, right? And to make things even simpler, you use some store-bought pancake/biscuit mix. See, I told you this would be easy.
The shortcut buttermilk pie is a bit cake-like and a little bit custard-y. You can certainly decorate the top with some powdered sugar, cocoa powder or a combination of the two. Or ice cream. With sprinkles. Or…
Shortcut buttermilk pie
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup store-bought pancake/biscuit mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Generously grease a standard pie pan and set aside.
- In a blender, pulse all of the ingredients together until smooth. Pour into your prepared pie pan and bake in your preheated oven for 30-40 minutes. The top should become golden, and the center may be a bit jiggly. The pie will solidify more as it cools.