A super easy, 3-ingredient salted caramel popcorn recipe that requires minimal effort! Make this sweet and salty classic at home at just a fraction of the cost!
One of my favorite childhood memories was receiving one of those huge tins of popcorn. I think my dad used to get one from a client every year. The tin contained cheese popcorn, plain and my favorite – caramel. I’m not sure what took me so long to finally make my own, but here I am.
Many, many months ago, I got the itch to make my own caramel corn. But time went by and the thought got pushed to the back of my mind. I don’t know why.
I had some leftover caramel sauce from the ‘Ohana bread pudding and didn’t want to waste it. I didn’t want to make the typical caramel desserts like blondies, brownies, or cake. This was one of those lazy days where I didn’t want something with too much effort. Then I remembered the popcorn in the pantry.
This is probably one of the easiest treats ever. You only spend about 1 minute stirring up the popcorn and let the oven do all the work. The hardest part is waiting for the popcorn to cool down and trying not to eat the whole batch in one sitting (which I may or may not have done).
Salted caramel popcorn
- 1 bag microwave popcorn freshly popped
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup caramel sauce homemade or store-bought
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat your oven to 300 degrees F. Line a baking pan with a silicone mat or parchment paper and set aside.
- Pop the bag of popcorn in your microwave. Transfer to a large bowl. Pour on the caramel sauce and stir until the popcorn is well coated.
- Spread the popcorn onto your prepared baking pan. Sprinkle the top with the salt and bake in your preheated oven for 30 minutes. Stir every 10 minutes.