Jazz up plain brownies with some caramel sauce to make them ooey, gooey and irresistible! You’ll love these salted caramel brownies!
Remember the epic small-batch salted caramel sauce I just posted? If not, click on the link and get ready to drool. Well, I finally found a swoon-worthy recipe to showcase the sticky, gooey caramel sauce I made.
I’m a strange bird and like to eat my ice cream plain (no toppings!), so I didn’t want to use my caramel sauce for that. Instead, I decided to add them to brownies to make them that much more decadent and irresistible.
I brought these salted caramel brownies to a party and they were devoured in about 0.01 seconds flat. The gooey caramel made for an irresistible center, while the brownies themselves were soft and very chewy. We loved these salted caramel brownies so much that I made a second batch a few days later.
These definitely are one of my favorite brownies to date. If you have caramel sauce, use this recipe for brownies. They are the perfect texture to complement the luscious caramel. Just make sure you hide a few pieces for yourself because they will go very quickly.
Salted caramel brownies
- 12 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 and ½ cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup chocolate chips or chunks optional
- Salted caramel sauce store-bought or homemade
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Line or grease an 8"x8" baking pan and set aside (I used my silicone baking pan and did not grease or line).
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt the butter. Add in the sugar, eggs, vanilla extract and salt. Mix well. Fold in the cocoa powder, flour and mix until just combined. If desired, you can add in toss in some chocolate chips or chunks. bittersweet chocolate disks.
- Transfer half the brownie batter into your prepared pan and smooth out the top with a spatula. Evenly pour ¾ cup of the salted caramel sauce over the batter as evenly as you can. Add the remaining brownie batter over the top and cover as much of the caramel as you can.
- Bake in your preheated oven for about 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before serving.