A 5-ingredient, microwave pumpkin spice fudge that you can share or keep all to yourself! This fun, bite-sized treat is bursting with pumpkin flavors!
It’s been a crazy busy week with my husband being out of town, and I wanted to make sure I had some fun dessert options for us to snack on throughout the week. Fudge immediately came to mind – particularly pumpkin fudge since pumpkin is finally in season again (yay!).
Lo and behold, I was out of white chocolate chips. I had used the last of it not too long ago and forgot to buy a new bag. So instead of using white chocolate chips for my fudge, I used a package of pumpkin spice chips and a bag of butterscotch chips. I also added in some pumpkin pie spice for additional fall flavors.
I made this fudge in about 5 minutes one morning before work. By the time I got home and picked Addie up from after-school care, the fudge was ready to be sliced and quality tested. I gave her a little sliver and she said, “MOM! This is soooooooo good!” I packaged up a good portion of the fudge to give away to friends and Addie got this nasty look on her face. She brightened up a bit after I told her that we still had several pieces for us to enjoy.
If you don’t have pumpkin spice baking chips, you can substitute with another package of white chocolate chips. Feel free to experiment here with a variety of different baking chip flavors, but don’t forget to add the pumpkin spice to the mix. I opted to add some semi-sweet chips in the end for a fun textural contrast and a prettier presentation, but you can absolutely leave those out.
Happy pumpkin fudge eating!
Pumpkin spice fudge
- 1 12 ounce package pumpkin spice baking chips
- 1 12 ounce package white chocolate chips (or cinnamon, or butterscotch, or even semi-sweet)
- 1 container sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- extra chocolate chips for add-ins if desired
- Generously grease or line a standard 8"x8" baking pan and set aside.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, mix together the baking chips and sweetened condensed milk. Microwave on high for about 1 minute. Then stir and microwave for another 30-60 seconds to fully melt the chips.
- Mix in the pumpkin pie spice and extra chocolate chips if desired.
- Transfer to your prepared baking pan and place it in the refrigerator to cool, about 2-3 hours.
- Slice and serve. Leftover fudge should be stored, covered, in the refrigerator and will keep for 1-2 weeks.