A dense yet soft banana bread packed with pumpkin spices and Trader Joe’s pumpkin spice cookie butter. You’ll want to eat the whole loaf in one sitting!
Help – I think I have a problem. I believe I’m officially obsessed with Trader Joe’s pumpkin spice cookie butter. I first heard about it a few weeks ago and rushed to my nearest TJ’s store to find it. Thankfully, they were in stock so I grabbed a jar.
I was so smitten with the product that two days later, I took Addie with me to buy 3 more jars of the stuff. My sole purpose was to buy more pumpkin spice cookie butter. Of course, I left the store with about $30 worth of other things, but that’s a problem for another day.
Addie kept telling me that she wanted me to bake banana bread for her. I’m not sure what was causing her obsession with banana bread, but I decided to merge both of our recent food crushes together into one creation. I could have added pumpkin puree or chocolate chips to this bread but decided to keep it simple this time.
This bread disappeared in about 2 days. My husband, Addie and I demolished it so quickly that I am glad that I bought 3 more jars of pumpkin spice cookie butter. I definitely need to make this bread again because it was definitely one of the biggest hits of the year with my family.
If you have a Trader Joe’s nearby, RUN to buy yourself some of this cookie butter before they start stocking the holiday items. (I was not paid to say this; I simply am a huge fan of this fabulous Trader Joe’s product!)
Pumpkin spice cookie butter banana bread
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 overripe medium sized bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup pumpkin spice cookie butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Generously grease a standard 9"x5" loaf pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt and pumpkin pie spice. Set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, beat together the egg and sugars until well blended. Add the mashed bananas, applesauce, cookie butter and vanilla extract.
- Transfer the banana mixture into the large bowl with the dry ingredients and gently fold until just incorporated. Do not over mix.
- Pour the batter into your prepared loaf pan and bake in your preheated oven for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.