Pumpkin spice chocolate chip hummus is the perfect dip for the fall. Using pumpkin spice cookie butter as the star ingredient, this dip will become the hit at your next party!
I guess you could say that I am officially on the dessert hummus train…albeit a bit late. I recently shared the brownie batter hummus with you, and now I am back with a pumpkin spice version.
Addie was getting upset one morning when my husband was getting ready to go to the gym. She was getting ready to let out a huge wail when I asked her if she wanted to make some hummus with me. When I asked her what kind, she said that she wanted cookie dough. I knew that the traditional cookie dough hummus recipes usually called for peanut butter or other nut butters, but I’m not a peanut butter person. I had Nutella and pumpkin spice cookie butter in the pantry, and because I’d already used Nutella in the brownie batter hummus, I went for the pumpkin spice cookie butter for this batch.
The hummus was ready in about 60 seconds, and we could have spiced it up a little more with additional pumpkin spices. But, I liked this just the way it was. I threw in some mini chocolate chips so it would taste like a pumpkin chocolate chip cookie. Addie and I snarfed a small bowl down before my husband got home. And then we ate some later with some apples as an afternoon snack.
This is a fantastic dip that you can bring to a party. Like the other dessert hummus, I bet that nobody will guess that this dip is made of garbanzo beans. Let’s keep that our little secret.
Pumpkin spice chocolate chip hummus dip
- 1 15 ounce can garbanzo beans (chickpeas), rinsed and drained
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup pumpkin spice cookie butter
- 1-2 Tablespoons rolled oats
- pinch of salt
- mini chocolate chips optional
- In a food processor or a high speed blender, mix all of the ingredients together except for the chocolate chips. Pulse until everything is smooth - feel free to add a splash of milk if you want your dip a little bit creamier. Fold in the chocolate chips.