These peppermint white chocolate chip cookies are perfect for as a holiday gift or a cookie exchange. You’ll love the peppermint chunks and peppermint flavor throughout!
Happy New Year’s Eve! Do you have anything fun planned for tonight? Us – we are going on a double date with some friends, and our kids will watch movies and eat pizza with a babysitter. It should be fun. Addie keeps saying that she’s going to marry our friend’s son and is already planning her wedding (mac and cheese, hot dogs, cupcakes and ice cream are all on the menu). I’m not sure if we’ll make it to midnight.
I mentioned earlier this month that I participated in a cookie swap. These are the second type of cookies that I sent to my recipient for the holidays (the first was a brown butter Nutella-stuffed sea salt chocolate chip cookie). I was saddened by the fact that I only had 1 candy cane in my entire house so I crushed that and added it to the batter. I made up for the lack of crushed peppermint candies with an abundance of Andes peppermint baking chunks.
So what was the verdict on these cookies? Simply stated, they were awesome. The cookies were exactly how I love them: slightly crispy on the outside, but soft and chewy on the inside. I loved the peppermint flavors in the cookies and the textural contrast that the white chocolate chips and peppermint baking chunks provided. Sadly, I only kept 2 of these cookies for ourselves. Next time, I know better.
Oh, if you happen to have any leftover champagne from the New Year’s festivities, be sure to try out my champagne cupcakes with lemon champagne buttercream and dark chocolate champagne buttermilk cupcakes with champagne buttercream. These are some sweet ways to start of 2015!
Peppermint white chocolate chip cookies
- 1 and 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/4 cup candy canes crushed
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peppermint baking chips I used Andes
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or in a large bowl if using a handheld mixer, cream together the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg, vanilla and peppermint extracts and mix well.
- Turn the mixer down to low and slowly add the dry ingredients and crushed candy canes until well combined.
- Turn the mixer off and fold in the white chocolate chips and peppermint baking chips until evenly distributed. Put the dough into the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or silicone mat.
- Scoop the dough (about 1 Tablespoons' worth) into mounds and roll them into balls.
- Bake in your preheated oven for about 8-10 minutes or until the cookies become a light golden color along the edges.