A delightful peppermint cookies and cream blondie that will make you think of candy canes and wrapped presents. Even though the holidays are over, you can extend that holiday feeling with these bars!
I don’t know about you, but I’m not quite ready to give up all the peppermint stuff yet. Although the holidays are over, and I am still all about the peppermint desserts. Bring on the candy, truffles, brownies, cake and these blondies.
I adapted a cookies and cream blondie recipe to make it minty. I added a bit of peppermint extract, tossed in some peppermint chips and chopped up some peppermint sandwich cookies. While that may sound like a lot of mint, it wasn’t.
These peppermint cookies and cream blondies were soft and chewy like a blondie should be but had a hint of mint throughout. The cookie chunks provided a nice crunchy texture throughout each bite.
I loved that these bars help me extend the holiday season, one bite at a time.
Peppermint cookies and cream blondies
- 1 and 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 stick (6 Tablespoons) unsalted butter melted
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/4 cup peppermint chips
- 6 mint sandwich cookies chopped
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F.
- Generously grease or line a standard 8"x8" baking pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, salt and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together the melted butter and sugars until well incorporated. Add the egg and peppermint extract and mix well. Transfer the content to the large bowl with the dry ingredients and fold until a few dry streaks remain. Add in the peppermint chips and chopped cookies and mix until everything just comes together - do not over mix.
- Bake in your preheated oven for about 20-25 minutes or until the sides are golden brown and the center is slightly soft (and a bit underdone). Allow the bars to cool completely before slicing and serving.