I was invited to participate in an online recipe swap around the holidays and jumped at the chance. I liked the idea of being assigned a blog and getting the opportunity to pick something to make and write about it. The blog that I received was Cathy’s Kitchen Journey. There were so many yummy things that I had a hard time deciding what to try!
After a lot of thought (trust me on this–I literally took like an hour to decide!), I decided to bake the peanut butter oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. Although I am not a peanut butter fan, I wanted to make these for my peanut butter-loving husband and my coworkers. This won’t ruin your diet, people. I mean, don’t the nutritious peanut butter and healthy oats totally cancel out the rest of the ingredients?
These cookies came together very quickly and were a cinch to make. My husband noted that the peanut butter flavor really comes through. They were popular with the coworkers too, so it sounds like another successful recipe. Thanks, Cathy!
This recipe is featured on
Peanut butter oatmeal chocolate chip cookies
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter smooth or crunchy
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a medium bowl, cream the butter, white and brown sugars until smooth. Stir in the peanut butter, vanilla and egg until well blended. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; stir into the batter just until moistened. Mix in the oats and chocolate chips until evenly distributed. Drop by tablespoonfuls on to lightly greased cookie sheets. Flatten the cookies with the back of your spatula since they won't spread.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes your preheated oven, until the edges start to brown (Mine baked for 12 minutes). Cool on cookie sheets for about 5 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
Delicious cookies! Thanks for sharing.
What lucky co-workers. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog till Monday night and I'd love it if you'd come by and link your cookies up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2012/01/sweets-for-saturday-51.html
glad you liked them!
I'm glad they liked the cookies. One of my complaints about PB cookies is the flavor doesn't always come through. I'm glad you enjoyed the swap!