When I worked in my previous department, my coworker Patty was one of the frequent taste testers of the desserts I’d bring to work. I always looked forward to bringing her a sample and asking how things were going.
One day Patty returned the favor and gave me a slice of her white chocolate cheesecake. She told me that this was her most requested dessert and that it was the one sweet that she’s confident in making time and time again. I took a bite and just couldn’t stop eating. With each bite, I was sad knowing that the slice in front of me would not last for much longer. About 30 seconds later, the inevitable happened–I had devoured the whole slice.
I asked Patty the next day if she would share her recipe, and she was nice enough to give it to me. It’s taken me a while to make this, but I’m so glad I did. Move over, Cheesecake Factory–there’s a new cheesecake in town!
Patty's white chocolate cheesecake
- 1 stick (8 Tablespoons) unsalted butter melted
- 16 ounces Oreo cookies crushed
- 32 ounces (4 packages) cream cheese room temperature
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 4 eggs
- 16 ounces white chocolate chopped
- 4 ounces (1 stick) unsalted butter melted
- 2 ounces sour cream optional
Make the crust
- Preheat your oven to 270 degrees F. Line the bottom (outside) of a 9" or 10" springform pan with foil to prevent the butter from the crust from leaking. Crush the Oreo cookies and combine with butter. Spread half of the Oreo mixture on the bottom of the pan and the other half up the sides of the pan.
Make the filling
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or in a large bowl if using a handheld mixer, mix the cream cheese with the sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Then slowly add the cream and eggs. Turn off the mixer.
- In double boiler, melt the white chocolate over low heat. Chocolate will become lumpy when too hot, so be careful!
- Add the melted butter and white chocolate to cream cheese mixture and mix on low to medium speed until smooth. Pour into springform pan.
- Bake in your preheated oven at 270 degrees for 90 minutes. Then turn off the oven, open the door slightly and leave the cheesecake in the oven for 30 additional minutes.
- Remove the cheesecake from the oven, allow to come to room temperature and refrigerate until completely chilled, about 4-6 hours or overnight. If desired, top with white chocolate shavings.