An amazingly simple and fabulous toffee chocolate chip cookie pie that is made in one bowl! No stand mixer required! And even better – the batter comes together in about 5 minutes!
Is it me, or do you tend to get sick during holidays and breaks? I remember back in college how I’d always get sick during Thanksgiving and winter break. My body was probably so stressed out from school that I’d stay healthy during the semester and once I had a few days to breathe, my body’s immune system broke down.
I returned from my parents’ house over the holiday break and when I got home, I started feeling sick. My 7-month old nephew and my brother both had coughs, and Addie had a runny nose. I’m pretty sure that I caught something that one of them had.
Despite my crummy health, I still wanted to bake something for my family. I needed something that I could easily put together and didn’t require me to use my germy hands. This one bowl toffee chocolate chip cookie pie from my friend Ashley was perfect. It didn’t require a stand mixer, and everything was made in one bowl. The prep time was only about 5 minutes, so it doesn’t require a lot of time to put together.
This pie hit the spot and made me feel better immediately (OK, so it made me feel better mentally but not physically). Despite my runny nose and constant sniffling, my tastebuds were having a field day. The pie is a bit on the sweeter side, so if you want to dial back the sugar, I’d recommend cutting out about 1/2 cup of it (start with 1/4 cup of each sugar). The toffee bits gave the pie a nice crunchy texture and the filling was out of this world – just like a soft and chewy chocolate chip cookie.
One bowl toffee chocolate chip cookie pie
- 2 sticks unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup toffee bits
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Generously grease a standard 9" pie pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the melted butter and sugars until well blended. Add in the egg, egg yolks and vanilla and mix well. Gently mix in the flour, corn starch and salt until a few dry streaks remain (do not over mix). Finally, fold in the chocolate chips and toffee bits.
- Transfer the batter to your prepared pan and bake in your preheated oven for 35-40 minutes. The top should be golden brown and the middle will jiggle slightly. Do not over bake this pie, as it will set once it cools.
- Allow the pie to cool completely before serving with your favorite ice cream or whipped cream.