Brownies don’t have to be a pain to make. This salted brownie recipe is mixed in one bowl and makes for easy cleanup!
I can probably count on one hand the number of days we spend in our house without any type of dessert lurking about the house. There is usually a cookie, ice cream, or some other sweet treat in the kitchen or refrigerator.
Sadly, we experienced one of these days recently. My husband’s birthday and Father’s Day were both around the corner, so I was preparing to make two desserts in one weekend. However, that meant that I did not bake anything for the week or so leading up to the special days.
When my husband searched high and low for a sweet bite after lunch one day, he found nothing. Well, except for a candy bar. I got the hint and looked for something to satisfy his sweet tooth.
Because it had been a while since I made brownies, I figured that they were the easiest to bake. I made a one-bowl recipe so I could cut down on the number of dishes I would have to clean.
These brownies came out of the oven super gooey. In fact, they started oozing everywhere, so I highly recommend letting them set in the refrigerator for a few hours. Afterwards, my brownies were so fudgy that it was insane. Addie mentioned that the brownies were a bit hard for her to bite into after refrigerating, but I didn’t have any issues (her braces were the likely culprit).
Husband’s rating: 3.5 out of 5
Addie’s rating: 4.5 out of 5
My rating: 4.5 out of 5
One bowl salted brownies
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1 and ½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips divided
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar packed
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 and ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- flaky sea salt for sprinkling
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Generously grease or line a standard 8"x8" or 9"x"9 square baking pan and set aside (I used a silicone square pan and did not grease or line it).
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt together the butter and 1 cup of the chocolate chips in the microwave for 45 seconds. Gently stir and then microwave for an additional 45 seconds. Let the bowl sit untouched for about 2-3 minutes before whisking everything together until uniform.
- Add the granulated and brown sugars, salt and vanilla and mix thoroughly. Add the eggs and mix well.
- Gently fold in the flour and cocoa powder until a few dry streaks remain. Fold in the remaining chocolate chips and mix until no dry streaks remain.
- Transfer the batter to your prepared baking pan and sprinkle the top with some flaky sea salt. Bake in your preheated oven for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few crumbs attached.
- Allow the brownies to cool before slicing and serving.