Got leftover egg whites or just looking for a flourless cookie? Look no further because these flourless chocolate chip cookies are made with egg whites and only require 6 total ingredients! Better yet, they are made in one bowl for easy cleanup!
I found myself in a pickle this week. I churned some homemade ice cream (using David Lebovitz’s egg yolk method) and found myself with 4 egg whites. I had originally thought about making some pavlova, but I thought that it would get soggy. And besides, a huge pavlova is a bit hard to consume with only 3 of us.
Luckily, I found these flourless chocolate chip cookies that happened to be made with only 6 ingredients and only egg whites. As a bonus, they were made in one bowl. Hallelujah!
My cookies turned out HUGE. They were bigger than my hand, but that’s because they spread out a lot after I dropped the dough onto my baking sheet. I could only fit 6 cookies on a sheet so make sure you don’t crowd yours.
These cookies were very similar to a brownie, where it had a crispy exterior and a very chewy and fudge-like inside. They are on the thinner side but still full of amazing chocolate flavor.
Next time, I may try making these with only 3 egg whites to see if they retain their shape and bake up a bit puffier. Other than the shape, I really enjoyed these cookies and loved that they were made in one bowl and only required 6 pantry ingredients!
One bowl flourless egg white chocolate chip cookies
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- Pinch of salt
- 4 egg whites room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or a silicone mat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar, cocoa powder and salt. Add in the egg whites and vanilla and mix well until you get a super thick and glossy batter. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Using a cookie scoop or two spoons, scoop out mounds of batter onto your prepared baking pans. These cookie will spread out quite a bit, so make sure you leave enough room between each one. I only fit 6 cookies per sheet if that gives you an idea.
- Bake in your preheated oven for 12-14 minutes or until the tops start to crack.
- Allow the cookies to cool completely before serving.