Got leftover egg whites or just looking for a flourless cookie? Look no further because these flourless chocolate chip cookies are made with egg whites and only require 6 total ingredients! Better yet, they are made in one bowl for easy cleanup!
I found myself in a pickle this week. I churned some homemade ice cream (using David Lebovitz’s egg yolk method) and found myself with 4 egg whites. I had originally thought about making some pavlova, but I thought that it would get soggy. And besides, a huge pavlova is a bit hard to consume with only 3 of us.
Luckily, I found these flourless chocolate chip cookies that happened to be made with only 6 ingredients and only egg whites. As a bonus, they were made in one bowl. Hallelujah!
My cookies turned out HUGE. They were bigger than my hand, but that’s because they spread out a lot after I dropped the dough onto my baking sheet. I could only fit 6 cookies on a sheet so make sure you don’t crowd yours.
These cookies were very similar to a brownie, where it had a crispy exterior and a very chewy and fudge-like inside. They are on the thinner side but still full of amazing chocolate flavor.
Next time, I may try making these with only 3 egg whites to see if they retain their shape and bake up a bit puffier. Other than the shape, I really enjoyed these cookies and loved that they were made in one bowl and only required 6 pantry ingredients!
One bowl flourless egg white chocolate chip cookies
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- Pinch of salt
- 4 egg whites room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or a silicone mat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar, cocoa powder and salt. Add in the egg whites and vanilla and mix well until you get a super thick and glossy batter. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Using a cookie scoop or two spoons, scoop out mounds of batter onto your prepared baking pans. These cookie will spread out quite a bit, so make sure you leave enough room between each one. I only fit 6 cookies per sheet if that gives you an idea.
- Bake in your preheated oven for 12-14 minutes or until the tops start to crack.
- Allow the cookies to cool completely before serving.
I find your blog wonderful! I was wondering if you’d consider baking these cookies in a pan, perhaps an 8×8″ pan, and hoping for cookies in a pan or brownies kind of outcome? Do you think that would work? Maybe you’d consider trying it, as an experiment, in a 9×5″ loaf pan and halving the recipe!
Thanks for your thoughts,
Thanks, Lauren! I have a lot going on right now so probably can’t try this lovely idea, but if you do, please let me know how it turns out! Thank you for reading my little blog!