A quick, one-bowl fudge recipe that tastes like brownies! Top with additional chocolate chips or some flaky sea salt for a fun crunchy texture!
My 8 year old daughter made me a fun little present for Mother’s Day this year. She gave me a little coupon booklet that enabled me to redeem something from her. Things like one giant hug, one big kiss, a bike ride, an opponent for a board game and a person to bake with.
The catch was, I could only redeem one coupon per day (her rules, not mine).
On Mother’s Day, she and I had finished all of her Chinese school homework so we had a bit of extra time left on our hands. I thought that it would be fun to make something easy together and allow her to help. We settled on chocolate fudge, and she was more than happy to assist.
Addie went to the pantry and got out the ingredients we needed and offered to take a whiff of the vanilla extract (her favorite). She helped me measure out ingredients and mix everything together.
It was fun watching her mix the bowl after all the ingredients had melted in the microwave. She said that her arm was getting too sore so that I needed to take over. We opted to throw on some additional mini chocolate chips and sea salt for fun decorations and added crunch.
As a reward, she got to lick the spatula and the bowl. Then her mouth was covered in fudge-y chocolate. It was priceless. We put the fudge in the refrigerator and watched one of her favorite shows on TV.
Making this fudge together was a present that I’ll always remember. The fudge itself was reminiscent of a thick fudge brownie too, so it was oh-so-amazing. We opted to gift the fudge to some friends so we wouldn’t eat the entire batch ourselves.
One bowl chocolate fudge
- 1 pound + 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate chopped (I used a mixture of chocolate bars and chocolate chips)
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 Tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Flaky sea salt for sprinkling (optional)
- Additional mini chocolate chips for topping (optional)
- Generously grease or line a standard 8"x8" pan and set aside.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, mix together the chopped chocolate, butter, sweetened condensed milk, cocoa powder, vanilla and salt. Microwave for 45 seconds, then stir. Microwave another 15-30 seconds or until chocolate has melted.
- Stir quickly and until the mixture is smooth.
- Immediately pour it into your prepared pan and smooth out the top. Top with additional chocolate chips or sea salt if desired.
- Chill in the refrigerator for about 2 hours or until firm. Slice and serve.