Dense, fudgy brownies are something everyone needs! As an added bonus, these are made in one bowl and only take about 5 minutes to put together!
Strapped for time but want some brownies? Look no further – these one bowl brownies are just what you’re looking for. Everything comes together in a saucepan so there’s little cleanup. Got 5 minutes? Then you have time to bake these. Melt the butter, add the remaining ingredients, stir and bake. They really are that easy.
Like frosting? Go right ahead. Whip some up and slather it on top of these dense and fudgy beauties. While you’re at it, add some sprinkles or additional chocolate chips on top too.
I was able to bake these brownies right before a conference call and allowed them to bake while I was on the phone. They were done by the time the meeting ended. And when I was done with that call, I rewarded myself with a slice of the super chocolate-y goodness.
If you’ve tried my one bowl brownies before, these are so much better than that last round. I decided to go all out and use butter this time and add in some brown sugar for some caramel-like undertones. Ooh, that sounded fancy.
Anyway, you need to stop reading now and go make these. Seriously.
One bowl brownies - take 2
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup chocolate chips of choice
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Generously grease or line a standard 8"x8" baking pan and set aside.
- In a medium sized saucepan set over medium heat, melt the butter. Turn the stove off and take the pan off the stove. Add in the sugars and mix well. Then add the eggs and vanilla and mix until well incorporated.
- Slowly fold in the cocoa powder, flour, salt and baking powder and mix until a few dry streaks remain. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Transfer the batter to your prepared baking pan and bake in your preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until the top is crackly and the brownies no longer jiggle. The toothpick test may not work here since the centers will be fudgy.
- Allow the brownies to cool before serving.