Fabulous banana cookie butter muffins that are made in one bowl! These muffins are so amazing that you’ll want to make a second batch right away!
You all know that we are a muffin-loving family. We eat them almost every week, and some of us (aHEM) eat them just about every day for breakfast. What I like better than muffins are ones that are made in one bowl. I mean, who wants to do dishes?
I knew that we had a few frozen bananas in the freezer and at least one jar of pumpkin cookie butter in the pantry. I decided to bake something that used both of those ingredients. While this is made in the stand mixer, you can definitely try mixing these by hand if you really want to cut down on the number of things you need to wash.
Addie and I have happily been munching on these. While the cookie butter flavor isn’t as pronounced as I would like, it’s a fantastic, cupcake-like muffin. The cookie butter prevents the muffin from drying out and provides some subtle flavor undertones. Addie claims that these were too much like banana bread, but I think that’s a good thing.
We ate the entire batch really quickly and probably could have devoured another batch just as easily. Next time I may try making these with regular cookie butter.
One bowl banana cookie butter muffins
- 1 cup banana mashed
- 3/4 cup cookie butter I used pumpkin cookie butter
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Generously grease or line a standard muffin pan and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or in a large bowl if using a handheld mixer, beat the banana, cookie butter, eggs and vanilla together on medium speed until well combined and almost doubled in volume, about 3-4 minutes.
- Turn the mixer to low and add in the baking powder, baking soda, salt and all-purpose flour. Mix until everything just comes together - do not over mix.
- Transfer the batter to your prepared muffin pan, filling each well about 3/4 full.
- Bake in your preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow the muffins to cool before serving.