These rich and decadent frosted Nutella fudge brownies packs a triple chocolate punch! The dense brownie layer is topped with a layer of thick fudge and finished off with a chocolate topping. Oh my chocolate!
Holy chocolate. That’s what these brownies are. There are 3 (count ’em!) layers of chocolate heaven in each of these babies.
I wasn’t intentionally going for the ombre look, but it turned out that way because I ran out of semi-sweet chocolate. All I had left were white chocolate chips. You can see from my photos that my top layer of white chocolate cracked when I tried cutting into them, but I think it adds to their appeal and gives them a little character.
My fudge layer wasn’t as solid as I wanted it to be, but I almost prefer the gooey nature of it. I mean look at it – it’s almost caramel-like.
I took a bite of these and my eyes started rolling back into my head. These brownies make you want to just swim in a vat of chocolate and drink bubbly champagne. Or maybe that’s just me? Whatever effect chocolate has on you, it’ll have 3 times the effect with these brownies.
Frosted Nutella fudge brownies
- 3/4 cup (1 and 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 and 1/2 cups chocolate chips I used white chocolate chips
- 1 cup Nutella or other chocolate-hazelnut spread
- 6 ounces chocolate chips I used white chocolate chips
- 1 Tablespoon shortening butter or oil
Bake the brownie
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Generously grease or line an 8"x8" square baking pan and set aside. In a large bowl, whisk together the melted butter, sugar and vanilla. Then add the eggs. In a separate medium-sized bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Slowly fold the dry ingredients into the large bowl with the wet ingredients. Mix until everything just comes together. Transfer the batter to your prepared baking pan and bake in your preheated oven for 18-20 minutes or until the middle is no longer jiggly. A toothpick inserted in the center should yield a few wet crumbs. Allow the brownie to cool completely before the next step.
Make the fudge
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat the sweetened condensed milk, butter, chocolate chips and Nutella together. Mix well. Spread it evenly over the cooled brownie and set it in the refrigerator to cool.
Make the topping
- In a small bowl, melt the chocolate chips and shortening in a microwave-safe bowl. Evenly spread it on top of the fudge layer and allow it to set.